On district level we support the transformation towards a social, ecological, economical and connected quarter by the development of smart quarters.
How can you tell whether a city is truly worth investing in? The Morgenstadt Readiness Index helps you to get a quick and scientifically backed assessment of any city’s readiness for your investments in innovation projects.
The Index is able to provide an overview of any city’s current demand from a developmental, political and planning perspective. The Morgenstadt Readiness Index is rooted within the Morgenstadt model based on the expertise and experience of a qualified team of Fraunhofer professionals.
The instrument works by combining a set of scientific indicators (such as the number of installed smart meters or the age of the existing public lighting infrastructure) with qualitative action fields that assess the political stability and innovation management potential in the city, highlighting the space for business and service development. 75% of the information is gained through desktop research and 25% is collected through direct interaction with the city administration. By applying this tool you will be able to:
• Highlight smart city priorities in the city (e.g. energy, mobility, security, data management etc.)
• Better estimate benefits of collaboration to support decision-making
• Identification of the potential market range for planned technologies in a given location
• Direct insight into the future market in the city and its specific framework conditions
• Connect with key stakeholders and solution providers
• Support during the development of new business and service models